Keeping your carpet at its best
When your carpet is dirty, you vacuum it. What if it still looks dirty after you vacuum, every time you vacuum? Which do you need: carpet cleaning vs new carpet? And which can you afford: carpet cleaning or replacement? And if you were to have the carpet cleaned, which carpet cleaning services would you call? Maybe it would be easier, and less expensive, to rent a carpet cleaner and do it yourself?
For most of us, replacing the old carpet with new carpet isn’t always an option. Some of us will purchase a DIY carpet cleaner, or borrow one from a friend, and try to clean our own. Maybe you’ve read somewhere about a method of carpet cleaning with baking soda, but what if that ruins your carpet?
So, what if you contact a company for carpet cleaning nearby, is it worth the expense? What is the benefit of hiring carpet cleaning services instead of renting a machine and doing it yourself?
This isn’t the most expensive thing that you’ll ever do as a homeowner. It isn’t something in the monthly budget either. There are so many questions for anyone that has never hired carpet cleaning services before, which is understandable. We will answer some commonly asked questions here that will help you make your decision.
How often should a carpet be cleaned?
Dirty carpets look bad and make your entire house feel dirty. Not only that, but they are full of grime, pollutants, and dirt particles that are like sandpaper. That sandpaper-like dirt breaks down the carpet fibers every time we walk them on. Therefore, it is important to incorporate professional carpet cleaning services regularly. But what is the recommended regular basis?
For a home where the foot traffic is minimal, the heavy-use areas should have professional carpet cleaning services every 12 to 18 months and restorative carpet cleaning services every 24 months. For the average home with normal soiled carpeting, every six to twelve months for high-traffic areas and a restorative carpet cleaning once a year will keep the carpet fibers clean and pollutant-free.
Households with pets will require professional carpet cleaning services more often. The heavy traffic areas every 6 to 12 months and a restorative cleaning annually will get deep down into the fibers and make your carpet clean, fresh, and extend its lifespan.
For households that have extreme amounts of activity, such as several pets and a large family, those heavy traffic areas need professional carpet cleaning services experts recommend every other month, no less than every 3 months. Experts recommend complete restorative carpet cleaning every 4 months.
What is deep carpet cleaning?
When you vacuum your house, you are getting mainly surface dirt and grime. If your vacuum cleaner has a “rug beater” attachment, it will clean a little deeper down in the carpet fiber. When you have professional carpet cleaning services that use the steam cleaning method, they are getting down much deeper than your average vacuum cleaner with a rug beater.
A steam cleaning process does not mean steam is used to clean your carpet. The steam seen coming from the machines used by professional carpet cleaning services is the hot water steam. They spray the hot water and detergent on your carpeting, then using a wet vac, they suck up the water, along with the dirt and grime from deep down in the carpet fibers.
Does carpet cleaning ruin carpet?
There are several myths about having your carpets serviced by professional carpet cleaning services. The truth is the hot water and powerful cleaners won’t damage your carpet but will get rid of the properties that daily wear and use leave behind.
Carpeting can be an excellent choice for a home’s flooring. And the proper care is important, especially a routine of using professional carpet cleaning services in addition to the regular vacuuming. The main benefits you’ll have by using a professional service include:
- It extends the lifespan of your carpet by having the dirt and grime removed. The combination of the dirt and grime and constant walking cross creates a sandpaper effect that wears the fibers down.
- It improves the environment because it removes the allergens, bacteria, and dust particles deep down in the fibers that can cause breathing problems.
- It improves the airflow because the debris, dirt, and dust from the carpeting aren’t floating into the air each time somebody walks across the carpet.
- It improves the feel and looks of your carpet by removing the buildup of the dirt and dust collected in the fibers that have flattened and matted your carpet and left it looking old, rough, and worn.
How do I know if my carpet is clean?
There is no better way to make your carpeting feel, look, and smell better than professional carpet cleaning services! How can you tell if your carpet is clean or if it could use a professional cleaning? If you have any of the following signs, then it isn’t clean:
- It has been over a year since the last professional carpet cleaning
- Anyone in the house is suffering from allergies
- The carpet is looking dirty and dull no matter how many times you vacuum
- There are several stains that spot cleaning can’t remove
- It is looking flat, matted, and worn
- There is a smell you can’t get rid of
- The padding has started to wear flat
Do carpets get dirty faster after cleaning?
Some homeowners will delay having professional carpet cleaning services because they have heard that clean carpets get dirty faster. This is true to some extent, but there are reasons this happens:
- Failure to Vacuum Prior To Professional Cleaning – Vacuuming your carpet prior to having professional carpet cleaning services will loosen the particles so that the steam cleaning can pick them up easier.
- Not All Professional Detergents Work with Steam Cleaning – Experienced carpet cleaning services will know which detergents to use that remove oily residues and more from your carpet.
- Pre-Treatment Not Done Before Cleaning – Again, expert carpet cleaning services will pre-treat your carpet prior to the steam cleaning to make sure the detergent, dirt, dust, and grime are all removed when done.
- Rinsing the Carpet Is Skipped – Inexperienced carpet cleaning services will not do a rinse process after steam cleaning the carpet, which leaves a sticky residue behind, which attracts the dirt, dust, and grime, thus the carpet looks dirty quicker.
- Too Much Water is Used – There is a brown colored jute backing on most carpets which reacts when water is applied. If too much water is applied, the brown color from the jute will wick to the carpet’s ends, requiring carpet cleaning services again later.
Your home is an important investment for you, and all the components of your home are an important part of that investment. From the rooftop to the foundation, and everything around and in between, having the best services possible, such as professional carpet cleaning services, are an investment for that investment. For your carpet cleaning needs in St. Peters, MO, call (636) 238-4702 today!